Monday, December 10, 2007

So much on my mind lately.
I'm not in a bad mood, but feeling a bit depressed, maybe a little angry too.
All my life I wanted to travel abroad, not as a tourist either. It's not that I don't love my own country, cause I do............. maybe I'll write about all that another time.
Right now this hurts ..... maybe it's the way it's worded.
I know being in New York now is still way better than where I was, and anytime I want to experience culture there's a neighborhood to visit ..... China, Italy, India, Mexico .... anywhere in the world I want to go, it's right here, I'm lucky in that sense.
But what has happened to the world?
The only contribution a person a can make in life is financial?
I don't like the label "unskilled" either ...... It's insulting!!
You need a million dollars or a masters degree to be a productive member of society?

So it looks like I will never be welcome in England. sure that's not the only other country in the world, but I always thought of her as our mother, I loved her.
I could go on to list everything that makes me wonderful but fuck it.
I would have been a most excellent and gracious guest ......

6 comments:

marvin said...

Sad isn't it, that our two countries are so connected yet immigration between the two is very strictly controlled.

Yet, we get people from newly joined 'EU' countries, some of whom are not only 'unskilled' but will come here and claim benefits, and barely speak a word of English.

Tu S.Tin said...

It made me cry to read it.
Once again I'm just not good enough.
the things I see people say too....
that countries are defined today by economy and that life is a compatition? I know there is some truth in that, but if thats the sole goal of living?
When did who you are stop counting? and what you have take its place?
I think I'll just keep being me, inside my own little idealistic hideout.
To me going to england somehow felt like going home so it's more than sad to not be welcome.
and I think anyone wanting to experience life in another country in anyway -short or long term. should do so out of adventure and for personal growth, including education and freedom not for money...that just makes them like some kind of leech doesnt it?
They should also be prepared to "represent" as embassadors , espesially americans in this world today.
ok I'm getting depressed agin over it...new cup

marvin said...

Britain continues to deport and refuse entry to the most innocent citizens, whilst giving a roof to terrorists due to the 'human rights act'

Really Tu s tin, this country is not what it used to be! Woolly 'liberal' thinking is well on it's way to destroying our culture. Sad.

You wouldn't get that in America.

marvin said...

More here by Nick Cohen in the Observer today.

marvin said...

Ok, sod it, you got me worked up now, I made a post myself!

marvin said...

Well, apparently the definition of 'emo' is hotly debated!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(music)