Friday, August 1, 2008

Staten Island

Days off i love to grab one of those disposable cameras and head out on an exploration to somewhere new.
A little day adventure.
I am surprised how much to do in NYC is free :0
like the ferry trip to Staten island......



I think you could go to the same place everyday and never run out of things to see.
Another day I will have to take some pictures of battery park....
The gardens, the statue of liberty and the harbor full of ships and colorful sailboats is breath taking ...
On this trip across, I (of course) went to check out the beach -



The day was a bit overcast but beautiful still !!
I sometimes like not so sunny days better.
very opposite place from the beaches at Coney Island.
Secluded, peaceful and pretty much empty.
























I walked for hours in complete solitude.
I'm surprised how good photos come out with just a cheap throw away camera, and I like the not knowing element involved , unlike the digital ones where you can pick your shots on the spot.
I am no photographer I don't know what I am really.
But, I'm no fan of editing or staging pictures either.... life is beautiful just as it is, and as it happens ... why do some people have to change everything?
And the things you missed or that didn't come out .... just give you a reason to go back another day ........















No comments: