Saturday, November 24, 2007

The mad hatter....



Almost December and in most places the leaves are still green ,
though it is finally starting to get cold.
In the mornings especially.
So, I've been searching for a new hat to keep my ears warm on the way to work.
Everything looks the same to me, both on the people and in the shops.
scarfs too.....
I tend to be quite picky, and bored with fashion anymore.
make that I hate "trends".
any way, after 3 weeks of searching I made a purchase......
Of all things!!! I come home with a feather trimmed tricorn much like the one pictured here.
It was cheap, the man almost gave it to me just for being the only one to look at it.
I'm starting to fear one day my closet may resemble some backstage costume rack.
just kidding ...kind-a, hehe...
made me think of a ships admiral.
Don't worry I won't wear it out (maybe if it were smaller)
More symbolic I think, so I've hung it on the wall.
but why don't people wear fun hats?
They put on ball caps, golf hats, fishing hats, cowboy hats, ski caps, the list goes on....
who drew the line at feather trimmed tricorns?
Sure mine is a bit over the top, but I think now I may get more creative and open in my hat search.

No comments: